Here are five fundamental questions that too few B2B sales or marketing execs can answer and as a result they are flying blind.
- What is your average (or mean) deal deal size expected to be in 2009?
- How many deals-contracts-orders do you need to win to achieve your revenue objective?
- How many weeks does it take to convert a name into a deal?
- What percentage of your names leave the sales funnel during this period (leakage)?
- How many names do you need to put into the funnel, at what time, in order to achieve your revenue objective?
I’d say 80% of the companies I speak with cannot answer more than one of these questions. Such room for improvement.